Following are the rules for the “Why I Write” essay contest which launches today! All are welcome to enter. No entry fee.
1. If you’re new to the Editor Unleashed forums, welcome! Please introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum.
2. Entries may not exceed 750 words. This word length will be strictly enforced and entries that exceed word length will be removed.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Please give your entry an original title, not “Why I Write.”
5. You must be the original creator of the essay.
6. No comments on specific entries until the contest is over and the winners are chosen.
7. No editing will be allowed. Please preview your submission prior to posting it.
8. No HTML, emoticons or attachments.
9. All entrants grant Editor Unleashed and Smashwords non-exclusive digital rights.
10. To post an entry, simply hit the “Post new thread” button and paste your entry into the text box.
Finally, you must be a registered member of the Editor Unleashed forum to enter (registration is free and just takes a few minutes).
This contest will feature a popular ranking on the forum along with final judging by an editorial team. The 50 best essays will be included in the “Why I Write” anthology on Smashwords. And one Grand Prize winner will receive $500 and promotion here and on Smashwords.
Mark Your Calendar:
• Post Your Entry: Monday, November 9 – Thursday, December 31
• Popular Ranking: Monday, January 4 – Friday, January 29
Questions or comments? Post them here. And be sure to subscribe to this blog (free!) and follow me on Twitter to get contest updates.